Sunday, December 27, 2009

Apparently I'm late to the party again...

When I set up my first e-mail address it never even occurred to me that my first selection wouldn't be available. It was even more of a surprise that after coming up with over a dozen more aliases, I'd still be stuck. After the first few that were taken I told myself that the employees of the provider must have already taken them. They must have had first choice, right? Towards the end I blamed it on the 'computer geeks'. I wasn't going to admit that I was just behind the times.
Now it's over 15 years later and I find myself in a similar situation. This time it's trying to select a web address for this blog. The only difference now is that when I'm told that the desired name is already taken, I can type the address in my browser and see who got it first. On many of these blogs, the last post made was between 2001 and 2004. This time I have no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment