Friday, January 1, 2010

Large Johnson's Internet

In the heart of Rockville, on the Pike between Crisp & Juicy and Best Buy, my iPhone picked up this wireless network.


It was the only network connection available and I lost the signal before the phone actually connected. Not that I necessarily would have wanted it to, being that it was unprotected... I mean unsecured (sorry, I couldn't resist).
It wasn't until a few days later flipping through the images on my phone that it made me think. How many people would have to broadcast inappropriate network names before they made it illegal? I guess it would really only take one person to find it offensive, it would just have to be the right one person. If this network were near a popular wifi hot spot like Panera Bread or Starbucks where lots of people could see it on a daily basis, do you think the retailer or a patron could file a complaint?

No comments:

Post a Comment